Monday, September 17, 2012

List of Achemenid Persian Kings

Teispes of Anshan 7th Century
son of Achaemenes, King of Anshan
Cyrus I Late 7th / early 6th Century
son of Teispes, King of Anshan
Cambyses I of Anshan Early 6th Century Mandana of Media son of Cyrus I, King of Anshan
Cyrus II the Great c.550-530 Cassandane of Persia son of Cambyses I and Mandana – conquered Media 550 BCE King of Media, Babylonia, Lydia, Persia, Anshan, and Sumer. Created the Achaemenid Persian Empire.
Kings of Persia (529–359 BCE); Twenty-seventh dynasty of Egypt (525–399 BCE)
King Reign (BCE) Consort(s) Comments
Cambyses II 529-522
son of Cyrus the Great and Cassandane. Conquered dynasty of Egypt.
Bardiya (Smerdis) 522 Phaedymia Son of Cyrus the Great. (Imposter Gaumata acted in his place)
Darius I the Great 521-486 Atossa
Artystone
Parmys
Phratagune
son-in-law of Cyrus the Great, son of Hystaspes, grandson of Arsames
Armies defeated at Battle of Marathon in Greece.
Xerxes I the Great 485-465 Amestris son of Darius I and Atossa
Victorious at Battle of Thermopylae
Defeated at Battle of Salamis
Artaxerxes I Longimanus 465-424 Damaspia
Cosmartidene
Alogyne
Andia
son of Xerxes I and Amestris
Xerxes II 424
son of Artaxerxes I and Damaspia
Sogdianus 424-423
Son of Artaxerxes I and Alogyne; half-brother and rival of Xerxes II
Darius II of Persia 423-405 Parysatis Son of Artaxerxes I and Cosmartidene; half-brother and rival of Xerxes II
Artaxerxes II Mnemon 404-359 Stateira son of Darius II (see also Xenophon)
Early in the reign of Artaxerxes II, in 399 BCE, the Persians lose control over Egypt. They regained control 57 years later – in 342 BCE – when Artaxerxes III conquered Egypt.
Kings of Persia (358–330 BCE); Thirty-first dynasty of Egypt (342–332 BCE)
King Reign (BCE) Consort(s) Comments
Artaxerxes III Ochus 358-338
son of Artaxerxes II and Stateira
Artaxerxes IV Arses 338-336
son of Artaxerxes III and Atossa
Darius III 336-330 Stateira I great-grandson of Darius II
defeated by Alexander the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment